Friday, November 30, 2012

Board of Advisors meeting!


Mayor of Toccoa, Mr. David Austin!
On Thursday afternoon, the TFC Advisory Board came to campus to visit the falls and meet with the president, Dr. Myers, over lunch.  To backtrack a little, a while ago, Mr. Hansen, from the Alumni department at TFC, said that he would like my story of how I came to TFC to be published in the December Alumni letter.  After I told him all about how I ended up picking TFC (still so glad that it did), he had the story published in the December letter that goes out sometime in early December!
The really neat part is when the Advisory Board came to visit today; he asked me if I would be able to share my story over lunch. I got to sit down with all the heads of TFC and the city of Toccoa including the Mayor of Toccoa!  I had a great experience getting to meet some important business leaders in Toccoa and I even got a picture with the Mayor afterword!

Olive Garden in Ohio with my family!
Oh, I almost forget to update on my fantastic Thanksgiving break! I got to home to Ohio, about a ten hour drive, to see my family!  The drive was long, but I carpooled up with some people from TFC and it made the trip really fun.  I had a wonderful time seeing my friends from high school again and spending time with my family over the holiday weekend.  Towards the end of the trip I had snow on my car in the morning, brr!  Have you seen snow before?


Overall, I ate a ton of food, slept a lot, and had a great time! I think the best part was knowing that I would be seeing my family again in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment