Friday, November 2, 2012

Brrr, it's getting cold outside!



Have you experienced the cold weather yet? We have! Here at TFC, I have noticed very quickly that it can get down in the 30's-40's one morning, then back up to the 70's by the afternoon!  It's crazy to think that Georgia gets cold just like up North, brrr!  I still remember telling my parents just a few months ago: "I can't wait to move to the South! It will be warm all the time!"  I guess I'm just glad my mom made me pack a coat, gloves, and a scarf!

I have never been in the mountains while it's cold outside, but this year I experienced my first taste of cold mountain air!  My roommate Andrea left the windows open during the first cold day.  She said "You're from Ohio! Aren't you used to this?!"  I replied with only chattering teeth and went to close the window and turn on the heat.  Of course, the funny thing was as soon as I did, the smoke detector went off in our room.  That's what I get for having the heater on for the first time this early in the season.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I laughed and told my parents about it later; they laughed along asking if I was still sure I wanted to stay in Georgia.   Of course I said yes. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment