Friday, February 1, 2013

Back from Christmas Break!

Snow day, well..sort of :)
Welcome back!  It feels great to be back at TFC and spend time with my friends again! During the first week of classes, we started on a Tuesday, then we didn't have class on Friday because of a snow day, so we had a nice three day weekend to start off the New Semester!





When I left TFC, I was excited for break because there was a lot planned in just a few short weeks! Over winter break, I had a great time in Orlando, Florida with my family, grandparents, and friend.  A week before the family came down, I got to stay at my friend's house, also named Emily (talk about confusing).  Did you know that we have 5 Emily's that work in the Admissions office? Is your Admissions counselor named Emily?  Ok, back to break. During my first week with Emily, I got to see her new house, visit Cocoa Beach for a day, head up Disney's Hollywood Studios and even spend time relaxing by the pool! It was great to see her again.

Me, Emily and her mom in Disney!
Vacation time!
When my family came, I relocated to Orlando, FL where I spent a week with them and my grandparents in my family's condo.  It was very relaxing and fun because we got to visit Fun Spot, Sea World, saw Les Mis on Christmas day and just hung out. Don't worry, the party didn't stop there!

The next week I got to visit with my friend, Megan, from TFC for a few days. From her house, we went to Passion 2013, a Christian conference for college students held once a year at the Atlanta Dome! This year they had roughly 65,000 people, it was packed!  I got to hear speakers such as Francis Chan, Louie Giglio, John Piper, and Beth Moore!  They also had amazing worship sessions led by Jesus Culture, David Crowder, Matt Redmin Chris Tomlin and Lecrae!  I had a great experience connecting with the Lizella Baptist Church for a few days before heading back to TFC! I strongly recommend anyone to go to Passion 2014 next year!



Lizella Baptist Church at Passion!



No comments:

Post a Comment