Friday, February 8, 2013

World Outreach Conferene Week with Jason Ostrander!


People seemed really interested!
This week at TFC we got to be a part of the World Outreach Conference!  This was an all week event that encompassed 2 night chapels and other opportunities to explore Global Outreach. We were even given classes Tuesday off for the national Day of Prayer!  Did your classes get canceled?  Our speaker for the week was Jason Ostrander who is the National Youth Director for the Alliance Church.  His main topic for the week was about following God’s will for our life in relation to missions and being committed and intentional to the call. To kick start the week, on Monday, we had the international reception. 


The international reception was a real eye opener to me because around twenty-five different missions’ organizations came to the gym and we could talk to them about internship or full time ministry opportunities!  In a way, some students (especially those who are Cross Cultural majors) almost took it as a job fair because they will be working with organizations similar to those represented!  I am a Cross-Cultural Business major, so I enjoyed looking around to see a place where I could possibly do my internship for summer 2014!   
Missions organizations were stationed all over campus!

I got to talk with a few representatives from organizations that are located in India, the place where I would like to intern.  It was nice getting to meet with people and ask them what it is like to serve on the field because their experiences are very similar to what I’d be doing, at least for my internship!  I think for a lot of the students, including myself, it gave us all an idea on what we could do for our study abroad or our internship.  Have you ever been on a short term mission’s trip or worked over-seas? 
To read more about the World Outreach Conference, check out the Chapel tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment